General Non-Fiction posted July 16, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My late husband still checks in

My Husband's Visits

by Monica Chaddick


After my husband died, I was lost. I missed him so much – still do. One night, while sitting in the apartment that I had to get after having to give up my house, I was watching a movie when I heard what sounded like a man urinating in the bathroom. I knew I was alone, and my dog hadn't barked or anything, but he clearly heard it, as well, because he raised his head and looked that way. I started to get up when I clearly heard the toilet flush, then saw a shadow in the hallway. Now I was frightened, although still the dog seemed fine. I heard the distinct sound of footsteps in the hallway, then felt the air get cooler in my room suddenly, and I saw a misty figure in the hallway. It was my husband. He smiled at me. Then he spoke. He said, “You're okay, you'll be okay”. Since then, I have noticed his presence numerous times, and sometimes he moves things. Like once, when my son and I were in a heated argument, my late husband's cowboy hat that hangs above the hallway suddenly flew off the wall and across the living room. Furthermore, I have a dragonfly tattoo on my arm, and every time I am outside, especially in the pool, a dragonfly will flutter around my head. Once I say, “Hi, Mike,” it flutters away, but usually stays around the pool area as long as I am out there. I am so happy to know that he is still here with me, even if it isn't in the way that I want.




Supernatural contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Monica Chaddick All rights reserved.
Monica Chaddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.