General Fiction posted July 11, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A woman is kidnapped and abused

Abducted

by Thesis


The door slammed, echoing down the long hall. 

 

In the dark, I could only listen to the footsteps approaching where I was imprisoned. It sounded like four different sets of shoes, plus something else...wait, it sounded like panting. Perhaps it was a dog, I prayed it was only a dog, although my mind was playing games on me. For all I knew, it could have been a lion, and I was dinner, which at this point would at least make this nightmare end. 

 

Naked, beaten, and drugged, I was filled with fear and anxiety as to who was going to assault me this time. Would it be the man who kidnapped me what seemed like a year ago, or was it one of the businessmen he let use me as their sex toy? 

 

My thoughts were hazy, and I was on the verge of either passing out or throwing up, yet I was aware that I was completely vulnerable, unable to cover my nakedness or protect myself from an assault of any kind. 

 

I could hear them getting closer. I thought I heard someone say: “clear,” as they passed the first wall. The panting was getting faster and louder. I began to panic. Tears began flowing down my cheeks, and I knew I was in imminent danger. 

 

I heard the word, “clear,” again and tried to understand how close these people were. 

 

My emotions were at the breaking point until I heard the following: “Come out with your hands up. I will release the K-9, you will be bitten!” 

 

I tried to answer, but the gag around my mouth prohibited the sound from leaving my mouth. 

 

The warning was issued once again, and I knew I was in danger of being bitten, but realized I might finally be rescued. I was savoring this thought when a large German Shepherd rounded the corner growling and barking at me, as I was chained to the wall. 

 

The dog’s handler, FBI Agent Sharon McClosky, at once called off her dog, and shouted to her team, “We found her. Get medical in here and get bolt cutters so we can get these chains off.” 

 

Agent Stern took off his jacket and wrapped it around the victim, providing her with some modesty. Her eyes thanked him, since her gag hadn’t been removed yet. 

 

Agent McClosky said, “The nightmare is finally over, Angela. Let’s get you out of these chains and into the ambulance. Your husband is here, and I’m sure he can’t wait to see you.” 

 

Angela’s face lit up, then she cried. 

 

Taking the gag off, McClosky said: “You are one lucky woman. Your husband told me that he just wants you back, no matter what shape you are in. He’s called me every day and has been with us whenever we had a credible lead. I wish I had a man like that!” 

 

Taken out on a stretcher, Angela saw her husband running toward her. 

 

“I thought I lost you Ang.” 

 

‘I knew you’d come for me, Michael. I want to go home and never leave.” 

 

“I will never leave you alone again Angela. I promise.” 




The Door Slammed writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that starts with this sentence: The door slammed, echoing down the long hall.

Don't add to the sentence. The catch is this must be flash fiction. So the story should be between 100 and 1,000 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Thesis All rights reserved.
Thesis has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.