General Non-Fiction posted July 7, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I was happy to have my mother home.

Baby is Home

by HarryT


I was two years old when my parents brought my baby brother, Dominic, home from Lying Inn Hospital in Chicago, ten days after his birth. We lived in a second-floor apartment on Ashland Avenue that had a porch that overlooked a gangway that separated our building from the building next door. I was standing on the porch looking between the slats in the railing when I saw my dad carrying a suitcase and my mom holding a white and blue blanketed bundle. They climbed the back stairs and walked on to the back porch. My mother called out, “Sonny, come see your new brother.”




First Memory writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
What is your earliest memory? Get descriptive in telling us about that memory in as much detail as you can remember. Try not to put your adult sensibilities into it. Keep it to the point of view of the child you were.

No word count limit
Any style
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.