Essay Non-Fiction posted June 28, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
a short rant

One Thing I Don't Like...

by Miranda Langston


You know what really grinds my gears? When people say one thing and do something that completely contraindicates such. Say what you mean, people. If you don’t love me, say it. Don’t go around cheating on me, especially if you hide it. If you’re not hungry, tell me. Don’t sit there looking at your plate after only a few bites like Gordon Ramsay spit in the food. If you’re upset, don’t say nothing’s wrong, or worse, “it’s whatever.” That’s just going to make me worry more. Don’t tell me I’m the one you want to be with forever if you want someone else too… 

 

Jeez, I mean, this is even done on a national scale. Obama said we could keep our healthcare and doctor. Lie. Joe Biden’s denial of his son, Hunter Biden’s involvement with business dealings in the Ukraine. Lie. The Pentagon Papers revealed a massive lie.

 

It seems to me like almost nobody even knows the truth anymore, much less cares to speak it. This is the epoch of belief, and this is the epoch of incredulity, to paraphrase Dickens. The world as we once knew it has apparently come to an end. History, however, tends to repeat itself, and if we the people want trust, honesty, and the rarity of hypocrisy back, we must be the change we wish to incite. This system we have now isn’t sustainable. Let’s bring back the “good ol’ days,” when scammers didn’t run rampant, spreading and flourishing like viruses or black mold. Let us unite against disbelief and dishonesty, and bring around an era of honesty, values, and openness once more.

 

Now I feel better.




Write A Rant contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Miranda Langston All rights reserved.
Miranda Langston has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.