General Fiction posted June 16, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Words from the gut

Gutteral Words

by Wayne Fowler


Hummvue: means “I love you too. You mean the whole world to me. I would die without you, without your beautiful smile to sustain me, to encourage me beyond words. You excite me, even after all these years. I love you with all that I am.”

Honya: means “Of course, I’ll pick my feet up while you dust, sweep, mop, vacuum around me. I love the way you work hard to keep such a tidy home, immaculate in every respect. I admire your energy and drive, and I respect your discipline and tenacity.”

Hummahh: means “That was another fabulous meal, perfection in every dish. And thank you for including a sweet dessert with enough leftover for a couple of great snacks. I love your cooking. Puts every restaurant in town to shame. We don’t ever have to go out to eat with such fine fare right here at home.”

Hummmk: means “Honey, please be quiet. I can’t hear the TV. I would love to turn the channel, but it’s the most important part of the game.” Or, “Not now, it’s the most important part of the game.”

Harkch: means “What’re you gonna do with that gun/knife/rope/rat poison/frying pan. And why are your eyes all squinty?”
 



Word Play 1 writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
***Invent 5 sniglets. List them with their definitions***


Comedian Rich Hall defined a Sniglet as a word that doesn't appear in the dictionary but should.

A Sniglet is a word to describe something that the English language doesn't already have a word for.

Examples (created by Rich Hall in his book series Sniglets):

*flirr, a photograph that features the camera operator's finger in the corner.
*lerplexed, unable to find the correct spelling for a word in the dictionary because you don't know how to spell it.
*profanitype, the special symbols and stars used by cartoonists to replace swear words (points, asterisks, stars, and so on).
*pupkus, the moist residue left on a window after a dog presses its nose to it.

(Adapted from Thoughtco.com)


image courtesy of FanArtReview "The Stern Look" by seshari screenirasan
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by seshadri_sreenivasan at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Wayne Fowler All rights reserved.
Wayne Fowler has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.