Humor Fiction posted June 15, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A short story

The Floating Mask

by DragonSkulls

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"I didn't wear the mask!"

"What are you blathering about," my wife asked from in front of the TV.

I exited the study. "I didn't wear the mask! What part of that don't you understand," I shouted, looking at her with such intensity my hands were shaking in front of me.

With a fearful look in her eyes while sensing the urgency in my voice, "Mask? What mask? What are you talking about?"

"I have to start this contest story with, 'I didn't wear the mask!'"

"Oh my God, can you not give that site a break for one damn night?"

"I would but I didn't wear the mask!"

"I'm going to bed."

"Are you wearing the mask?!" I shrieked in a high pitched scream as she ascended the stairs.

"Plan on sleeping on the couch."

"But I didn't wear the mask, that's all! Am I so wrong?"

The bedroom door slammed shut then was instantly yanked back open again. "Here's your stupid mask!"

And sure enough, no matter how hard she threw it, what came floating down from upstairs was my eye cover sleep mask.

That's when it dawned on me and I realized..."Hey, there's my story."
 
 
 
 

 



Sentence writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that starts with this sentence: I didn't wear the mask.


Just some fiction for the contest, folks. I'd never get away with that craziness.

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. DragonSkulls All rights reserved.
DragonSkulls has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.