Horror and Thriller Fiction posted June 15, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Riley never should have attended Lizzie's party that night

The Party

by Monica Chaddick


The author has placed a warning on this post for violence.
The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

I didn't wear the mask.  However,  I should have. It would have saved me quite a bit of embarrassment.

My friend was throwing a party, and costumes were optional. I wore a sexy cat costume that came with a mask. I loved the mask, but I did a great job on my makeup and therefore chose not to cover up my artwork with a mask. I could have brought it with me in case I changed my mind, but I was bringing a very small purse that it didn't fit in, so I left it at home. I didn't even have the good sense to put it in the car.

As soon as I arrived, I regretted going. I walked in and immediately spotted my boyfriend – with another girl hanging all over him. He had told me that he couldn't attend the party because he had to work. He knew that I hated going out alone, so I guess he thought I wouldn't go to the party without him.

He didn't see me. I guess he was too engrossed in the whore he was with. She wasn't even someone I knew. I have no idea where he met her or anything. I sought out my friend that was throwing the party.

Lizzie, do you have any idea who that is with Scott?”

Oh, Riley, no, I don't. I'm so sorry. I was going to try and let you know what was going on, but I figured it would be best if you saw for yourself.”

I secretly spied on Scott and his flusey for the next few hours. Lizzie kept coming by and apologizing until I got annoyed with her and told her to just leave me alone. While I spied, I drank. I drank a lot. At one point, I lost sight of Scott. Annoyed, I went to get another drink, and who should I bump into but the person I had lost track of.

Scott just stared at me for a moment, as if he didn't know who I was. Then, he began trying to explain that he had just gotten off work and gone by my house, but since I wasn't home he figured I had come to the party. He stammered on and on, until I couldn't stand it anymore. I threw my drink in his face.

You are such a fucking liar!” I screamed. “I've been here for hours watching you with that bitch. I saw the two of you all over one another, kissing, groping, practically fucking on the dance floor. I'm NOT stupid, and I'm NOT blind.”

Scott wiped the drink from his face with his hand and glanced around. People were gathering to see the fight, as they will do. Lizzie walked over and turned off the music. The girl that was with Scott started to come over, but he shook his head at her and she stopped.

Oh, let the bitch come over here and explain herself,” I screamed. “I want her to come over here. I DARE her to come over here.”

Riley, please calm down. Let me explain. Let's go somewhere so we can talk,” Scott begged.

I refused. I lifted the punch bowl. My intent was to dump the punch on his head, but something overcame me and I slammed the full bowl at his face instead. It exploded. Punch, glass, and blood went everywhere, and Scott hit the floor. Before I could register what I had done, the cause of the problem came running over and dropped to the floor next to Scott, screaming his name and shaking him. He wasn't moving. There was a large shard of glass stuck in his head, and another in his neck.

I decided I was already into this so deep that nothing else would matter. I lifted a large liquor bottle that was half full. I grasped it in both hands and brought it down on top of her head. The bottle didn't break, but her head did. A large dent appeared in her skull, and she collapsed on top of Scott.

I looked around the room. It was completely silent. Everyone had looks of shock on their faces. Some were staring at the bodies on the floor, and the rest were staring at me.

I thought they were staring at me because of what I had done. They weren't. They were staring at the shards of glass sticking out of my face. I could hear the sirens in the distance, coming down the road. I knew that they were coming for me.

The paramedics came in, along with the police. The crowg parted to allow them access. They checked the two bodies on the floor, and zipped them up into black bags. They hauled them away. The police were talking to me, but I couldn't hear them. The paramedics said I was in shock. They also said it was a real shame about my pretty face.

I found out that everyone knew Scott was cheating on me and had been for quite a while. Even Lizzie knew. She knew because she was one of the people cheating with him.

I heard that she is having a party this weekend.

I'm going to get out of jail soon. They are on their way now with my release papers.

My face is unrecognizable due to all of the scars.

Even so, I'm wearing the mask when I go this time.




Sentence writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that starts with this sentence: I didn't wear the mask.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Monica Chaddick All rights reserved.
Monica Chaddick has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.