General Fiction posted June 13, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A destiny waiting to be fulfilled.

The Gates of Hell

by poetwatch


History has a way of knocking on the gates of hell as once more Russia is at our door. What will happen this time? In 1962 nuclear destruction was aborted. Now, 62 years later we are seeing the same thing. Yet, the red, white, and blue is seeing only red tape. Too many voices, not enough balls.  

 

This document is not political, but politics are involved. Since Putin is shrewd by coming down to Cuba when the presidential race is in the works. What will Biden do? What words will spout for Trump? Will Robert Kennedy gain votes? 

 

If war is to be many will die because it’ll be World War 3. Yet, this is not 1962. If we let Putin intimidate us, he will run the country. If we blockade Cuba we might start the war, but we must face this threat as one people. Putin wants to see what the United States will do as well as the rest of the world. 

 

With the world watching, what will we do? 





In 1962 Kennedy avoided the war. It was said, (I do not know) that he and Khrushchev spoke in private.
Can't get the red out so it stays.

This written fiction is happening.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by iPhone7 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. poetwatch All rights reserved.
poetwatch has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.