Supernatural Non-Fiction posted June 12, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A true story about attending a seance

The Seance

by Brenda Strauser


My neighbor, Maryann, invited me to a seance, where people meet together to contact the dead.
 
Maryann dabbled in the occult.  She had an aura about her ; not good, but evil.
 
When she opened the door, her piercing eyes made my skin crawl. We sat at a table and locked hands. I wanted to contact Kim, an old friend. 
 
Maryann mumbled, "Kim, we need to talk to you. Give us a sign when you are here."
 
I saw the curtains slowly open! I thought I was seeing things.  My hands started to shake and I bolted out the door.  
 



True Story Flash contest entry

Recognized


Picture from Google

What happened in this short story is true. When I was 13, I went to this seance. I don't believe in ghosts. I'm not sure what caused the curtains to move that night, but I'm never going to a seance again. It was hard writing this with only 100 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Brenda Strauser All rights reserved.
Brenda Strauser has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.