General Fiction posted June 9, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
I'd like to teach the world to sing

The New Seekers

by BlueMarble



I've had enough!
I can't endure watching TV when shows are always interupted with the latest updates on the wars happening somewhere in the world, or some city is having having riots in the streets.
I've quit reading the daily news.  I cancelled my subscription to the Washington Post.                  
In 1945 my dad came limping home from world war II (the war to end all wars). 
 
                       
As a WAVE in the navy, I was in a barricks in Florida during the Cuban Missle Crisis.  I remember the black out drills we practiced to prepare for in case the real thing happened. 
            
During that time my soon to be husband was on an aircraft carrier off the shores of Vietnam.
The war to end all wars didn't end  anything.                                                                                                                                              
Even to this day the only thing on TV is news about the wars going on somewhere or another in the world.  If its not the wars in distant places, it's about the election year mayhem and finger pointing here in the US.  I don't understand why the world isn't big enough for all of us.                                                                  
I pray for those that are caught up in any of it, but I just can't watch it anymore.                                                                                                                                                                         Instead I tune in to YouTube and send my dreams to a happier world.                                                     
"I'd like to teach the world to sing -  
I'd like to build the world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees 
And snow white turtle doves"    Sung by the New Seekers
                                                                                                                                                                                        https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=i%27d%20like%20to%20teach%20the%20world%20to%20sing%20youtube%20videos&FORM=VDRVRV&mid=19AAB962F2677B61AA9E19AAB962F2677B61AA9E&view=detail&ru=%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Di%27d%20like%20to%20teach%20the%20world%20to%20sing%20youtube&ajaxhist=0
 
 
 

                                                                                                              



song stories contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. BlueMarble All rights reserved.
BlueMarble has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.