Self Improvement Fiction posted June 4, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Frozen in Time (A short story)

My Holiday

by kahpot


Hi, I am home visiting my mom, which is wonderful. But the weather, let me tell you, it's that bloody cold the cat's can't "meow"  and the walking dead don't leave their graves.
 
The sun, you know that big yellow/orange ball in the sky, they have a different name for it here.                     "the neverseen"
 
If you are brave enough to venture out, shopping is made easy, everything at the local supermarket is in the frozen section.
 
The tourists have gone, claiming that sightseeing the natural wild life was like looking at a photograph. (still photography)
 
There is no-one around (even if there was you could'nt see them) leaving the house at midday you need a flashlight.
 
And I'm sure this is where they shot the films "Ice Age" one, two and three.
 
Oh! you might be wondering how I know what the "neverseen" looks like "I googled it"
 
I could go on and on and on... but I think the ink in my computer is starting to FREEZE.
                                           '  
Hope I made you smile, because I can't.
"me lips have fallen off!"
 




The artwork is a picture of the "neverseen" I googled
YES, practicing prose again
A bit of humor to warm me up
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. kahpot All rights reserved.
kahpot has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.