General Non-Fiction posted June 3, 2024


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Thoughts on prayer

The Lord's Prayer

by Esther Brown

Dear Loving Abba:

I talk to you in my mind and I know you are listening and present. You know my thoughts and feelings. You planned my existence before I was even born, and knew the paths I would take. You hear my prayers even though I am often doubtful and confused and scared. You know my heart. Today I spent some time thinking about how Jesus taught us to pray. May my thoughts be acceptable to you and helpful to others.

“Our Father”. A collective ownership by all your believing children. You sent Jesus to die as the ultimate sacrifice paying for our sins. You don’t want any of us to die eternally. You want us all to be part of Your family. To be your good children, obedient and trusting. 

“In Heaven”. This is a place where you live. It encompasses all of your creation. I have to take it by faith, trusting Jesus’s description. He tells many parables that start with: "The kingdom of heaven is like" in Matthew chapter 13.  A treasure beyond my imagination. You live beyond the scope of the universe, above all, yet in all. 

“Hallowed be Thy Name”. Infinity Holy. The beginning and end. Sovereign God over all You created. What is man that You love us so much? Yet, You sent your own Son Jesus to pay the price of the sins of humanity. You want us to be your family, to choose to belong to You. You want each of us. Me. Even me. 

“May Your Kingdom come”. Your kingdom. Your divine rule encompassing all of Your creation. You the King. You have been so patient with us. Yet you are are just, and some day judgement will come. 

“May Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven”. Your earth that You created by Your Word. Living in obedience to Your will as family. Your children living in peace. It starts with my choice to allow You to be present in my heart (the One I love most), and Your Holy Spirit taking up residence in my soul. The thinking part of my mind giving deference to You. Help me to be a living sacrifice that honors you. 

“Give us today the food we need”. Jesus is our living water, the bread of life. Help that to be my focus  Abba. You love taking care of me and blessing me. It makes You happy when I feast and am satisfied. You know I need clothes and tangible things, and when I am looking to You, You are my provider. Please help me not to take my eyes off of You. Replace my anxiety and fear with trust. Help me Abba, I am so prone to wandering. I want to be at the dinner table with you every day. 

“Forgive us our sins as we have forgiven those who sin against us”. I struggle so much with forgiving people who have hurt my feelings. You forgave me, removing my sins as far as the east is from the west. Please search my heart and bring to my thoughts those I need to forgive. Help me to turn from judgment. Help me to be unoffendable. Keep me from dwelling on hurts. Forgive me for “digging up the dead man” (reliving in my thoughts things already forgiven). 

“Don’t let me yield to temptation but deliver me from evil”. Help me Father not to seek my own way. You are my strength and salvation. 

I love you Abba. 












 



Recognized


Personal devotional thoughts.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Esther Brown All rights reserved.
Esther Brown has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.