General Poetry posted May 25, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A poem for my daughter.

Melody

by Daniel Fernandes

How am I going to welcome you into a world that I can barely understand? I'll do my best as a father, but your choices are out of my hands. I'll guide you along with your mother. At least, that's the plan. I'll have to work like a maniac to replenish my finance.
 
Don't do what I did and give up on a dream. You might never forgive yourself for just leaving the scene. Opportunities can surface, so use that to redeem. You'll be obsessed with ambition as if it's cafffine. In my case, it was writing a piece of poetry. I became Irrepressible like an AI machine. Sketching my thoughts used to be a routine. Bills fell behind, so I gave up completely.
 
You might be a writer, musician, or anything, actually. Life is too short to exist unhappy. I'll support you as long as your intention isn't rashly. Reach for the stars. Just don't neglect your family.
 
There aren't enough words that I can write down for you to understand how I feel. There's a bit of fear thrown in there, but as a father, that's ideal. I just want you safe and healthy being raised with the right meals. Standing with confidence as you would in high heels. Trust your heart, let it shine like stainless steel. Don't listen to doubt because you'll be stranded in a field. Lost with your flaws, too afraid to squeal. You are perfect the way you are with your demons concelled.
 
God knows where I'll be years to come, but nevertheless, you're my everything and remember that. I'm trying my best to give you the life that I didn't have. Keep your head up with a smile, and don't focus on the cash. Don't be too distracted to forget about dad. 
 
I might be out of the house working to maintain what's good. Trust me, if I could give you the world and all your wants, I would. Just holding you in my arms gives me the motivation to push. Dispite whatever lies you're told. I don't want my actions to be misunderstood.
 
I'll do my best, and hopefully, my actions can reflect on that. Your mother and I argue I know we can't accept the facts. Years roll by, and only time moves pass. Despite having no progress, life is moving too fast. Praying for a chance or some sort of contract. Bless the house so optimism can react. Luxury awaits you need to dream bigger when the world laughs. Once your ambition is satisfied, people will feel the impact. 
 
I'll shield you from my pain to save you from despair. Accepting my sorrows so that sadness can go elsewhere. A love so precious you can't compare. You can conquer anything as long as you're mentally prepared. 
 
Another thing to bring to your attention. Be careful with love since it can be used as a weapon. That's after you're 20, I forgot to mention. It's a blessing in disguise free from tension. Your day will come, and your heart will strengthen. Falling for someone will change your direction. Mistakes are inevitable. Just do your part like an engine, but remember, with a broken heart there's no room for redemption.
 
I trust your instincts, have faith in yourself. We're our own enemy, but know I'm here if you need the help. We manage our cards with the hand that was dealt. Pushing through the hardships without feeling compelled.
 
This poem can go on until the end of time. It's tough to live a life when you fall so far behind. You're my daughter with a soul for her to find. An adventure so strenuous but beautiful by design. Sometimes life gives you a warning. You just need to study the signs. Don't dwell in the pain because that affects the mind. Stress can triple, and your desires will decline. I'm not worried because I'm sure you'll be fine.
 
Time goes on, but we can't always control what happens. You can play with dolls while young to grow up loving fashion. The script can change like the buildings in Manhattan. Filter your dreams with attention and compassion. You'll be coasting with the wind observing like a falcon. Don't bottle your emotions because someone will spill that gallon. I love you so much that you can not imagine. I know I can't hold you forever, but I'm down for the challenge.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Daniel Fernandes All rights reserved.
Daniel Fernandes has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.