Commentary and Philosophy Flash Fiction posted May 20, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
reversing

The cheek turning

by Iza Deleanu


She turned around and gathered her hopes. Slowly approaching, the icon kneeled before the Holly, whispering, "Mother, take away my sorrows. I tried to play by the rules. My cheeks are burning from turning them. How many times can I do this?" A tear touched her hand, and she felt it. "Mother, don't cry. Forgive my weakness, but I am scared. Please, take my hand and push me in the right direction." Suddenly, she fell. "What the hell? When I said push, I didn't mean literally. We are done here! No more cheek offering, just an eye for an eye!"





Flash 100 writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a flash fiction story. But you can only use 100 words. Exactly. Title does not count in the word count.


Turn the other cheek is a phrase that originates from the Bible, suggesting that instead of retaliating or seeking revenge when someone has wronged you, you should offer forgiveness and not respond with aggression. It is often used to encourage peaceful and non-violent responses to conflict. Would you like more detailed information on this topic?
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.