Self Improvement Flash Fiction posted April 17, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A short story.

Gary Worries Too Much

by Raul1

Gary, a round man, and with  chubby cheeks worries about everything. His family has a problem trying to make him confident and secure about himself. He tries to live a normal life without worries. He can't help it. Gary is always unsure about everything. 
 
He goes to a therapist. She starts talking to him. 
 
"Okay, tell me what problem you have I can help you with," the therapist insists. 
 
"-uh, huh. Oh, um, well...I uh? I worry too much. Okay, um, yeah..." Gary stutters. 
 
"I can see that. Have you tried to be secure? Do you have any insecurities?" the therapist asks. 
 
"Oh,...., I um. Yes, I am insecure about my life," Gary answers. 
 
"Try to speak normal with me for starters. You have to build confidence and feel secure for yourself," the therapist explains. 
 
Gary starts to feel a little better. He feels that this talk is helpful. 
 
"I will try," Gary answers.
 
So, the therapist explains how he can be secure in his life. He tells her that he feels lonely. She tells him to make friends with friendly strangers. Gary thanked her and walked out of the consultation.
 
A month later, he feels secure and has many friends. He feels secure and doesn't worry anymore. Gary does the right things in his life and is no longer making mistakes. He feels that everyone loves him. He has found his comfort zone. It is all thanks to his therapist after many consultations. 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.