General Poetry posted April 10, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Septolet

Good Night Sleep

by Treischel

 

Upon my pillow

I place my head

 

To sleep

To dream

Where troubles shed





Sleep is the best. That is a picture of me. My wife snuck in and snapped in on me one morning. Kept right on sleeping.

This poem is a Septolet. The Septolet has fourteen words broken into two 7 word stanzas. Not to be confused with syllables, it uses word count regardless of the syllables in that word. It is broken between two stanzas that make up the fourteen.
words. Each stanza have seven words each that may contain rhymes, but that is not a requirement. Both stanzas deal with the same thought in different aspects, and create a picture. Rhyming is optional. The stanzas can have variable number of lines with three/four words or four/three words being the most common. Here I went with three/four, then two/two/three. IĆ¢??ve also seen one/two/three/one. A Super Septolet would have seven words on seven lines in two stanzas totaling 14 words.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Treischel All rights reserved.
Treischel has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.