General Fiction posted April 3, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Comic books promised the world, for the right price

Fantasies of a Pre-teen

by T B Botts


I took a chance and sent in the coupon from the back of the comic book. Charles Atlas said he could make me a real He-man, something all twelve year old boys wanted. I would kick sand in the face of those bullies, if I ever got to the beach.



50 Word Flash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Can you write a complete story with only 50 words? That's the challenge of this writing contest.

Recognized


From fun loving sea monkeys to twelve top hit 45 records for only $2.86, the back of comic books offered gullible boys everything under the sun. Ads offering a body that would be the envy of every man on the beach to a high paying job if you applied for a course at the Cleveland Institute of electronics. Of course, I didn't know any twelve year old boys who wanted to hold a 40 hour a week job, and if you were an adult and still reading comic books and fell for that stuff, then I have a pair of German binoculars guaranteed to see a mile for only ten bucks I'd like to sell you.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by MKFlood at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. T B Botts All rights reserved.
T B Botts has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.