General Fiction posted February 25, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
150 words

What Is Art?

by Wils


“What is art, anyway?” Tom couldn’t help but repeat that infernal question. Was it something that caught a person’s attention, something that sent a message or something that gave inspiration? Nobody really knew the answer.

Tom had been trying to find the answer for months. In his hovel of an art studio he had attempted every medium possible. Oil, watercolour, portrait, still-life, sculpture; to Tom, each final piece was a thing of creative beauty. However, critics and public had other ideas as his work got rejected and critiqued at every gallery he went. Still, he trudged on. No one was going to call him a coward.

With all that negativity nobody blamed Tom when he had a sudden outburst of rage. He threw paints of all colours at his canvas, screaming obscenities at will. Once calm, Tom looked at the mess and smiled.

If it was good enough for Picasso…




100 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story that is between 100 and 150 words. The trick is you must use the following words: art, final, beauty, sudden, coward.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Wils All rights reserved.
Wils has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.