General Poetry posted February 22, 2024 Chapters:  ...43 44 -45- 46... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Zen Haiku for the 2/4/2 contest

A chapter in the book 2024 Gypsy's Haiku

Empty Boat

by Gypsy Blue Rose

 

empty

boat flooded with

moonlight

 



2-4-2 Poetry contest entry


Zen Haiku has the same rules as plain haiku. It's inspired by Zen philosophy that everything in nature and human nature is connected. The first haiku master was a Zen monk, Matsuo Basho.

HAIKU is a Japanese short unrhymed poem that uses imagistic language to express the essence of a deeply felt moment in time. It resonates on a deeper level, leaving the reader enlightened and making an insightful connection. American haiku doesn't follow the 5/7/5 form, because Japanese syllables are much shorter. The rule of thumb is to write it as succinctly as possible and 17 syllables or less. HAIKU uses a dash to pause before the SATORI. Avoid capitalization (except proper names) and punctuation.


click here to read haiku examples

click here to read haiku rules


click here to read why is 5/7/5 OR LESS rule

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and review my poem.

Gypsy
"Poetry heals the wounds inflicted by reason." - Novalis

pictures from pinterest
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Gypsy Blue Rose All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
Gypsy Blue Rose has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.