General Fiction posted February 7, 2024


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
What happened?

Where Am I

by Wayne Fowler


Last he remembered, he was on a field running toward a goalpost. Or running from something, or someone? He couldn’t focus. Everything was black. Was he a player? Was he one of those idiots who ran naked onto a field? He tried to determine his state of undress, but couldn’t move his arms or hands.

His head hurt. That was all he knew. Not the outside, but inside, like a headache, but different.

Then sandpaper on his face. Was this some new emergency room therapy? Not therapy – murder. Someone was suffocating him. “Oh, Whiskers, it’s only you. Good morning.”




100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.


99 words per MS Word. 100 per FanStory count.
Image by Pixabay.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Wayne Fowler All rights reserved.
Wayne Fowler has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.