Biographical Non-Fiction posted January 24, 2024 Chapters:  ...40 41 -42- 43 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
The ever-changing cycle of life

A chapter in the book Spectre

Split

by Lea Tonin1

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Internal turns out when shown against self
Deception no longer held upon shelf
Glittering mirror shows truth inside
Face what you see with courage don't hide
 
Reflections of good shining in kind
Imperfections embrace corrections with time
Give of our hearts not expecting it filled
Share of our time not wait for the thrills
 
Reflections and mirrors sisters in tow
Show us our truths and in them we know
No place we can go without mirrors to show
Who exactly we are truth will not go.
 
***********************************
Truth can sometimes batter us with hard lessons. Truth can also set us free or keep us in place.
Truth has no sides to right or wrong, it simply is.
Some people will take that truth by the horns and master it, learn from it, creating motivation for change.
Others will ignore truth completely and pretend it does not exist resulting in a closed mind incapable of learning.
So many truths, both good and bad, have come across my plate in a rapid fire succession. A lot of which I already knew and knew it was coming, some of which I did not from the depths of deception and lies go deeper and deeper and I wonder at the craziness of it all. One lie in my family three generations ago, have caused all this.  How it snowballs into large clumps of pain. Taking several lives with it, some recovering some not.
People lie for two reasons. One, to protect themselves and two, to protect someone else.  For the most part it's the former.
It's the small hours of the morning and I'm in my room looking at a jungle of boxes that I've packed ready to go in the next six days. I'm turning the page on my life, a major page with greater understanding and clarity to determine what is my part and what is theirs.
I don't have to carry their weight anymore.
Much of what I knew has come out and much of what I didn't know has come out as well. It also confirmed many things I suspected as well so, the picture solidifies into the grand scam. I can leave that now, I can leave it with authorities. I can wash my hands and walk away.  I shall write until all of it is out.
 
We are halfway through our journey.  It's time now, to take her further on down the road to what comes.
 
Let's look and see shall we?
 
*****************************
 

Our son was born at the end of summer at 9 lb 4 oz. A very healthy baby boy born just 2 inches shy of 2 feet long. C's mother and sister came to help and showed me some things about babies that the hospital didn't. 

I was completely infatuated with my baby boy. Counting his little fingers and toes, his small wifts of hair, the smell of his newborn skin, all endeared me to him. He was the sweetest baby with beautiful dimples.

We were happy little family for a time. We did many things together the three of us and C taught me many things I didn't know. But, he never really understood why I didn't know. Perhaps that was me, keeping my secrets.

We slipped into these roles C and I. He slipped into a father role while I slipped into that of a daughter. I learned things from him that I should have learned long ago. He also taught me to drive a stick shift.

But like any parent-child relationship, the child eventually grows up and flies the nest. I began to resent the constant corrections, the disapproval and the looking down his nose at me whenever he thought I made a mistake. And when one falls into the roles that we did, our relationship changed.

I no longer wished to share my body with him. It felt more like sleeping with my father instead of my mate, who wants to do that.

He too changed and grew distant from me. Then I learned he had a new relationship with his boss's sister.

After that, my son and I were on our own.

By that time, I had cleaned up my education, took some clerical courses and began to work for the railroad doing payroll.  Five years we spent to together and managed an amicable split.

There was a little fear and a little excitement too. I was on my own, I was doing it by myself and I felt that I had enough knowledge to do this successfully.

I still had so much to learn about human nature, emotions, understanding my own and others. I blundered, said the wrong things, made the wrong decisions, but I learned...the hard way.

My son and I did ok on our own. I worked a swing shift at the railroad.  Forty hours in three and half days. In between one of these shifts, when I only had eight hours off, I would sometimes play pool and have lunch until my next shift began.

It was in this environment that I met the father of my second son, over a game of pool. He was tall, muscular, dark curly hair and green eyes. Resembling a man who lives in the woods. Strong man, nine years older than me. Over the next few months, we began to get to know each other, the three of us.

I watched the interactions between him and my son with pleasure, they seemed to get along fine. My son was interested in him and he was interested in my son.  We did many things together as a trio while him and I grew closer as adults.

Then one morning, after breakfast...

I threw up.

 
***********************
 
In two more days, it is time to move.  Forgive my not being able to write as much as I would like but, I must pack up and move. As any move is work, in this case it will be hundreds of klm's away. A mixture of fear and excitement fills me.
Fear because I'm not twenty five anymore and because I'm going to a place where no one knows me. Excitement because I'm going to a place where no one knows me. so there sits my wellspring of emotions. In and out I will be writing over the next little while, until all things are settled. Thank you my friends for reading and hanging in there with me. I am grateful always.
 
All things in life change inevitably, as it is in my story, so it is today....
 




This chapter is part of an ongoing autobio called Spectre, book 2 in a trilogy. Book one is called Ghost. Both can be found in my portfolio should you wish to read. Please note, a word of caution, some chapters are hard to digest. Reader discretion is advised.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Lea Tonin1 All rights reserved.
Lea Tonin1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.