Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted January 2, 2024 Chapters:  ...25 26 -27- 28 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
adventures in Costa

A chapter in the book The Saga of Procrastination

All the single ladies

by Iza Deleanu


   Wow, I am surprised by how stupid a man thinks a woman is. Just say that you are single, and suddenly, they all shade their wives and kids and declare themselves single only to have a chance with you. Like what, does my forehead say single and desperate or "come in it's open for new adventures"?


   Let me relate to you my involuntary adventure in the land of unsolicited relationships. Last week, I went to Costa Rica to spend my winter holiday in a sunny spot with a happy margarita in my hand, and from the moment I stepped into the country until the moment I left, you should have seen how the guys were reacting to the fact that I am traveling alone. Suddenly, they all wanted to buy me a drink and show me the real Costa Rica. I guess so far I have just traveled on the fake side, and they were treating me like I was born yesterday. I explained that I was okay on my own and didn't need a knight in shiny armor since I was traveling to a resort, and the transfer from the hotel to the resort was included. As for traveling in the country, bro, I use professionals bound by the hotel policy to guarantee the safety of the tourist, and they are also official travel agencies endorsed by the hotel. So you see, I am safe. 


    It's funny how we all want what the other one has. The Costa Ricans want to move to Canada, and I want to find a job and live in Costa Rica. At least that was the idea, but then I realized I would be living in paradise but not touching the paradise. Let me explain better. I will be working from 9 am until 6 pm, seven days a day in the high tourist season, so how would I do my swimming and traveling when I am bound by a job to "smell the roses" and not touch them, if you know what I mean? So, I am reporting back to Canada. I had a wonderful vacation, and God saved me from the macho men, starting with the driver and ending with the tour guide. 


    I am safe at home and starting a new year, laughing at all that happened last year. So, I met other single ladies from Europe who were more adventurous than me because they traveled on their own in an unknown country not using official hotels and landing every night in a different city. Frankly, this is not my style; I am an all-inclusive girl, and I like the safety and glamour of a resort where I can disappear among the crowd and enjoy my dreams at the shore of my beloved ocean. Viva la Pura Vida. I toast to a new life, a new year, and a new crazy ME.




Share Your Story contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Iza Deleanu All rights reserved.
Iza Deleanu has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.