General Fiction posted December 22, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Tell me what you see.

Optics

by Kaiku


Have you ever heard the saying, ‘Don’t judge a man until you’ve walked in his shoes’?  Of course, you have. The saying has the same ring as ‘Treat thy neighbor as one would treat thyself’.  It is considered the golden rule. This isn’t meant to be a lesson in philosophy.  I don’t possess that kind of intelligence nor degree.  Rather it is an approach to instill discipline and common sense or logic as one might infer. The world has so much to offer and yet we are finding ways to turn a blind eye to all that is crumbling about.  We can’t express, ‘Well, lesson learned’ when our failings continue without a change in course.

Not long ago I was enjoying the sounds of the Atlantic as its tidal rush was caressing the southern shores of Portugal.   Felt it and walked it. Beautiful. As I decided to feast in my moment, I found a bench to rest on and took a seat.  Behold, next to me ‘rested’ a pair of glasses. I was loving this moment and suddenly this phrase came to mind, ‘The optics of life become a unified vision when life is walked in the shoes of love’.




200 Word Story writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a story of 200 words. not including the title. Any subject accepted. Must be exactly 200 words.


So much distress in lives these days. It's hard to imagine let alone visualize.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Kaiku All rights reserved.
Kaiku has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.