Writing Poetry posted December 19, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
One liner about emotions

Consuming Thoughts

by M. Kari Barr

 
 
Flickering flames in my house of straw
. . . smoldering reason, choking conscience 



Fire, One Line Metaphor writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a poem of one line in which fire is the metaphor.

You may use up to 18 syllables. One line does not mean one sentence. You can use punctuation however you see fit, but it must make sense to be used in a solitary line.

No pictures allowed.

This contest is meant for skill building and anyone can enter. Note that you are not making a metaphor about fire, but fire itself is the metaphor for something else.

The idea of a one line poem is NOT point out the obvious or to ask a generic question. It is to make a statement or a revelation of some kind to the reader in an ideally some sort of profound statement. You could also convey emotions!

Names are shown so that people can be encouraging to each other and help one another without fear of disqualification.

This contest will be part of a series that builds on lines. Next competition will be 2 lines? then 3? etc, that will incorporate different techniques and literary devices.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. M. Kari Barr All rights reserved.
M. Kari Barr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.