Biographical Non-Fiction posted November 23, 2023 Chapters:  ...3 4 -5- 6... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
The guilt, the void, the shame, the filth

A chapter in the book Spectre

The Void

by Lea Tonin1

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Trip and slip the bleeders call
Skip and clip the wound gives all.
Scratch and cut my life blood flows
Without the love then nothing grows
 
Pinch and slap then tie the limb
Body aches inside it's grim
Taken flesh burns and twists
What is best? The rape or fists?
 
************************************
The hardest part at this point in my life, I wrote and yet more needs to be said.  I feel on the one hand, drained empty and a little scared with a dash of hope too. It's a strange mix really.
We continue to be cold and clear here on the coast which is not normal in rainforest country. I imagine it too will break and rain will follow. Snow is now not the norm. We may get a skiff some winters and others, nothing. Snow flakes have the most intricate designs and uniquely themselves. No one flake is the same. I like to watch them come slipping down. They're like feathers on the air swaying back and forth drifting towards ground for a gentle landing.  Like watching the flames of a fire, mesmerizing.  
It's time to go back again. Time to go back to her...she's curled in a ball in the closet underneath the stairs. 
 
Let's see her...let's visit her next choices or lack there of. 
 
I wish I could say that was over, but it wasn't. 
 
She's seek the din and welcomes the void....
 
*****************************

I woke to the sound of my friend's voice.

"You can come out now. She went go work."

I looked down upon myself. Barely registered that I was still in the clothes I had yesterday. My ankles and my wrists felt sore A low throb between my legs still held purchase there. I came out of the closet and asked,

"Please, may I bath? I have to bath.

"Fer sure. You know where it is." E replied.

I went into the bathroom and turned on the tap water as hot as I could stand it. My eyes were strangely dry as if I cried every tear I possessed. My heart and my mind were numb. I checked my feelings...nothing except the express need to wash myself. I pealed everything off as quick as I could, almost as if the clothes were made of acid. I stepped into the steaming water and sat down. I felt the sting of the water as it washed over my nether regions. I grabbed the bar of soap and began to scrub. Hot water turned my skin pink and the vigorous rubbing turned it red. Gingerly, I washed my private area and then wrapped my arms around me knees and began rocking in the water. I looked down at my wrists and noticed the bruises circumferenced my wrists.  My ankles showed similar marks as well. Slowly but surely, I retreated into my mind allowing my body to be a living automaton.

Finally I was in the void. There I'll stay until the pain leaves.

I don't know how long I sat there rocking. Outside myself, someone was talking to me. It was E. 

"The water's getting cold. You gotta get out of there. You've been in there for over an hour and I need to use the toilet."

I continued to rock back and forth.  E started to shake my shoulders until finally, I turned my head to look at her.  She looked like a beautiful demon.

"Alright." She said. "Let's get you out and dry you off."

The tub drained out the whirlpool of last night as she dried me off and put me in her house coat.

"I was gonna say we have to go out tonight, but I don't think you're up for it. We'll have to go tomorrow night though." E said.

Her words sounded just like Lucy on Charlie Brown.

"Bwa ba bwa bwa bwa."

That was all I heard. She steered me into the kitchen sat me down and passed me a bologna and lettuce sandwich with a glass of milk. "Eat up." She said. "You need to refuel."

I slowly nibbled on the sandwich. All I tasted was cardboard. 

I knew E was talking to me but all the words jumbled together until I heard her say,

"Look, I get last night was hard on you. I didn't know you were a virgin or it wouldn't have been like that. I thought you were willing."

I just stared at her. What could I say to something like that? I could stare at her or I can freak out and we know what the latter does.

"I'll call the guys and tell them you need the night off." E said.

"Call the guys? The night off?  Wha...?" I thought.

Then I slipped back into myself again.

"Ok." E said. "You looked wasted. Think you should go back to bed. Just don't come out until I call you."

She passed me a small bucket.

"Just in case." She said.

Docile, I crawled into the closet under the stairs. There I sat rocking back and forth for what may have been five minutes or five hours.

I just didn't know nor cared. At some point I fell asleep and slipped onto my side.  Here it came! Nightmares....A man inside me!  My stepfather slammed his giant fist into my head over and over. There is no control over panic or fear. In my dream, I curled up into a ball. My stepfather kicked me over and over along with K his new helper. This was a new addition to an old but powerful nightmare. The new feature in my dark dream. My eyes popped open and saw...nothing. Not even my hands in front of me.

My face was wet. I was crying. My feelings were back to my relief. Although I'm still separated somewhat from myself, I was, at least, coming back. I fell asleep again and this time, mercifully free of dreams.

The nightmare never goes away though... but this time, it's waiting for me to wake....

*****************************
Now I feel tired. I admit that.  I feel tired and I also admit to some recurrences of the old nightmare visiting me of late.
 
This is not unexpected. These are things I knew would happen along the way. So I take a deep breath and I wait for it to pass. Usually works unless my dream is prophetic, then there's no such thing as sleep...it's a non entity. 
Finally, I'm laying back now. Considering this chapter as it's written.
I'm looking for spelling errors. Although my punctuation isn't the best.
My writing just flows sometimes faster than I can keep up. 
 
Remember what you wish for....




Post Number 200
A Milestone Post


This story is part of an autobio called Spectre book two of the series. Book one is Ghost and can be found on my port folio if you wish to read. A word of caution, some chapters are heart to digest. reader discretion. Is advised.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Lea Tonin1 All rights reserved.
Lea Tonin1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.