Young Adult Non-Fiction posted September 16, 2023 Chapters: -1- 2 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
I wish I could stop writing about you.

A chapter in the book Ramblings

September 13th, 2023

by Sylla

The author has placed a warning on this post for language.



Background
I write as I think throughout the day to my ex lover.

Sweetest Harbinger of Ruin, 

Today I went to yoga. Twice! Which on its own isn’t too impressive, but since the class itself is normally only offered once a day, it was nice to sandwich class and errands with intense hamstring pains. The same women showed up to both classes, too, so I didn’t feel alone. I did; however, feel out of place nonetheless because I did my crying makeup(I have perfected the teardrops under my eyes using skin safe adhesive in globs I shape while still wet) and wore tie dye in and my new gothic style out. 

The style went over super well at Bowling Trivia(the trivia is happening at the bowling alley, not that the trivia is about bowling{I wouldn’t go to that}). I haven’t eaten today. I was going to at the alley, I even got the Cajun fries and pretzels at my table. But unfortunately Timmie showed up so I left quite swiftly. I had been doing well at the game too! Both trivia and my bowling. I got over a 160– a new record for me, the unofficial monarch of the gutter. 

I also did my nails. What a revelation. But this time I have a magnetic polish I can make shifting colors with. I like it over a black background. I also got my laundry to the dreaded folding putting away stage. I guess I really am boring. Writing it all out makes me seem like a trophy attic creature. 

You said you’d talk to me today. You lie often to me though, so i wasn’t shocked to be left on read for as long as I have. I’m still not shocked or bothered. I think the ability for me to be upset at you ignoring me left after you confessed about the voicemail. Or begging Lindsey to stay with you. What a theme to follow, but you’re consistent and I like that in a man. I know what to expect with you most days and while this was infuriating in the past, I find comfort in it now. 

Speaking of comfort, I wear headphones nearly incessantly now. It’s nice blocking out everyone and everything, but mainly its because I dont like high pitched noises of air conditioners, and my air filter in my car has a leaf and its very very very annoying to deal with. I’d rather block it out and listen to something else. Today it was a little 20 minute description of the 1871 fire in Chicago.

Alex keeps sharing her Mount and Blade problems with me. I don’t know half of what she’s talking about but because you talked to her about it through me, she assumes I both know and care deeply about the game and her underage heirs and the difficulties of playing a woman. 

I have the option now of doing laundry and getting ready for the morning then doing an elaborate bedtime ritual, or ignoring all responsibilities and starting my first game of Age of Empires in years. Really hard to say what I’ll land on. I’ll flip a coin. Coins are money, and money rules the world therefore me, so what this nickel tells me, I’ll do. Heads will be for AoE, because the cover reminds me of Mount Rushmore. 

It was tails. Fuck. Well, call me before 2230 my time if you intend to uphold your (very loose but binding) oath to talk to me today. 



Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Sylla All rights reserved.
Sylla has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.