General Non-Fiction posted September 7, 2023 Chapters:  ...9 10 -11- 12... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Sharing what's going on.

A chapter in the book A Paper Time Capsule

Not really a letter.

by barbara.wilkey




Background
I'm sharing stories with my granddaughters, now ages three and five as keepsake collection when they're older.
Dear FanStory Friends,

I have written a part of the letter to my granddaughters, Charlotte and Elleanor, but I haven't completed it. I can't seem to get it exactly the way I want it. I've decided to put it on hold for a few weeks.

My husband and I leave a week from today, September 14th, and will arrive at their house, September 15th. We'll stay for the weekend and then go to my mom's for the week. We'll return, again, to my son's house for the weekend. Since everybody will either be working, at school, or daycare, there's really no reason to stay the week.

The subject for the next letter is: My wishes for you are... I'm hoping to get some insight to help me with this letter. I've been doing one letter and slightly changing it for each child, but I'm guessing this one might need to be completely individual for each child.

Charlotte and Elleanor are totally different little girls. Charlotte, age 5, is turning into a very good athlete and is very particular about how things are done. Elleanor, age 3, is a free spirit and is pretty sure all boundaries are there for her to test.

Sunday while Zooming with my son and his family, Elleanor was off camera. Pretty soon, Andrew sternly said, "Elleanor Ruth." As he stared in her direction, there was silence.

When he, again, looked in my direction, I asked, "When did Elli become Elleanor Ruth?"

"A lot lately."

Grandma to the rescue. "I don't remember Charlotte being Charlotte Simone."

"She wasn't. There was never a reason for her to be. Elli, well, she's another story."

I feel grandma needs to get there as soon as possible. Elleanor needs a good lawyer, and Grandma fits the bill. Of course, Charlotte needs Grandma's hugs.

I'm hoping when I return, I'll have two letters, one for each child. I appreciate your understanding and support..



Recognized

#17
September
2023


Thank you, Google Images for a photo of girls playing soccer. Charlotte is playing soccer this year. I am hoping to get there early enough Friday to watch her play. Her game is at 6:45.

Thank you for your support and suggestions.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.