General Fiction posted July 23, 2023 Chapters:  ...25 26 -27- 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Bea is content with lessons learned

A chapter in the book Be Wee With Bea Part 3

A Dear Joyous Wee Bear

by Liz O'Neill



Background
We have strolled with Bea as she painfully searched how to begin again.
And as she has discovered many answers to her questions, we conclude this series.


Cast of characters

Bea-- mom bear to puppies & Scruffles & Sammy

Sammy--a cat who was living with Jazzy & Billie bear after being found under a picnic table

Osala bear--the mom of Osala kitty who discovered Sammy the kitten

Osala kitty--she was the first to discover Sammy the kitten

Billie bear--Bea's friend from years ago who was in a group with her to learn to talk to the maker

Jazzy--Billie bear's puppy who was getting beat up by Sammy the cat

Athena--a bobcat who is introduced to Bea by Willow who will help tame Sammy

Willow-- counseling tree (metaphor for people who help children)

Sophia-- a poodle believed by kids to be a kid dressed as a poodle

Red-- a ladybug, a friend of Sophia

Jabber-- a bully bear from Bea's past

Sweet Puppy-- from Part 1 invited by Bea to live in cave

Scruffles-- from Part 1 invited by Bea to live in cave (RIP)

Doolie-- mom bear to puppies from Part 2

Benny-- miniature sheep dog from Part 2 (RIP)

Annie-- Brussels Griffon from Part 2

Maddie-- 3-legged Brussels Griffon from Part 2

Zoe-- Tibetan Terrier from Part 2

******
Previously:
Bea, Sammy and Athena were down at the dumpsters harvesting yummies for themselves when Bea hears commotion out front and gets swept away by costumes kids. She catches her breath when she sees all of the steps she needs to climb.
*************

Calming her thoughts, she was able to do her notice exercise. She realized she'd seen those steps before, just smaller and fewer. She remembered Willows words for her to remember, not how can I or can I but, I can.

Sophie crowned her with a ring of lovely black eyed susans. One of the older costume clad individuals handed her a prize basket with a large handle. It was announced to her this was for being the only one with the greatest bear costume.

Bea couldn't help scan the contents of her prize, her wee heart was secretly swaying in dance. The best part of the prize was the giant, golden-colored jar containing what Bea called her "be-good-to-myself" treat.

******

The sun-colored joy was snuffed out when Bea felt a familiar sharp poke. She suddenly felt as young and powerless as she had when the mean little bears used to bully her. Her tears turned from tracks down her furry cheeks, to trembling.

Bea experienced what felt like a mean poke identical to ones she received when she was a young bear being bullied by the mean bears around her. She realized she had identified the poke and was absolutely correct. It was the same poke and it was delivered by the same mean bear.

After all those years, Jabber, who used to poke the hardest, of all the other bears, was up to his same old tricks. He would brag he was poking the blubber on the fat bear. His poke hurt more this time for at least two reasons.

She had vigorously practiced her exercises of stair stepping, toe touching, floor touching, and running in place. All of these exercises were required in weight lifting her pots of honey down from her cupboards Timothy the furniture carving, clay pot making beaver created for her.

Her exercises, especially strolling and doing her talk to the maker had helped her become more wee, more trusting in the maker and friends. She not so lonely and independent, but allowing others and the maker to help.

She thought living her life daring to make new friends like Doolie and her crew, Benny, Zoe, Annie, and Maddie, made the bad memories go away. When Bea told Sophia what was happening she immediately masterminded a plan.

Because Sophia's friend Red could be invisible, she could slip into fur and ears, one...then the other, causing a high-pitched flapping of wee wings. This would cause the old familiar aggressor to switch his focus from Bea to himself. She did not want to go back to having those old feelings of helplessness ever again.

The celebration continued in spite of a flailing pretend kid dressed in a real live bear costume with a ladybug in his ear, the right then the left. Bea, carrying the basket of her "be good to myself" treat, stepped downward on her now recognized giant stairstepper, doing her talk to the maker with each step.

She was greeted by her very recent newly made friends Sammy and Athena. There was a sense of relief she had previously been unaware of. With Athena's help and role modeling, Sammy was shaping up into a respectful, respectable young boy kitty.

She considered the faint possibility that she would not have to send Sammy away to spend time with her loyal friend, Buddy bear. You may remember Buddy bear was a great help when Zoe was out of control. Buddy bear had always worked with troubled animals, mostly puppies but occasionally kitties.

She had previously consulted with Buddy bear in case it were ever necessary for her to work with Sammy on his unacceptable troubled behavior. The new mom was relieved she could tell Buddy bear things were working out after all. She was comforted to know she could keep Buddy bear in mind if things deteriorated.

After she filled her new friends in about the chaotic goings-on with Jabber her longtime ago bully and wonderful Sophia and Red, they danced up and down for joy chanting Sophia and Red's name.
******
We leave Bea, our dear joyous wee bear, with her old and newly-made friends with great hopes for the future. How can she miss? She now has her sweet boy Sammy who will be her strolling and sleeping companion.

I think we all would agree, Bea the wee bear has shown us how to learn to begin again. Now that she has begun her new life and adventures again, we could say the sky's the limit for her.

She believes that is possible to all as we struggle to begin something again, Seeing it come to fruition is our a reward for our efforts carried out little by little. Our favorite bear thanks you for joining her in her stroll, searching for answers, little by little. She hopes this has helped you if ever you need to learn to begin again.

We conclude this series of books about Bea the wee bear.












We conclude this series of books about Bea.
The first 2 are on Amazon & this one soon will be.
All of these characters have been in my life as warm humans
or dear animals.

This is the final chapter because this is how long I have lived. There will be no Bea Part 4. I have not lived that time nor those future adventures yet. I just know I have sweet Sammy and love him.
My next book is actually my autobiography I began 20+ years ago. Thank you for strolling with us. We hope you've learned much.


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Liz O'Neill All rights reserved.
Liz O'Neill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.