Spiritual Non-Fiction posted July 23, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Without faith we are nothing

In my blood it runs

by Aussie


I rely on my faith in our Creator. Some people rely on religion for faith. When I was a child, my sister took me to a church.
I followed her to the altar to take communion. I was crestfallen to be told I hadn't been christened; therefore I couldn't take communion.

I asked my mother why hadn't I been christened. She replied, "There was no time." The war was nearly finished and my father had come home from fighting in New Guinea.

I went to Grandma (who was Aboriginal) she sat me down and began to tell me about faith. She told me everyone had faith in something. Whether it be faith in fine weather. Faith that a person would keep their word or faith in God.

Grandma went on to tell me about Jesus. The more I learned about Him, the more I wanted to cement my faith.
Grandma told me about her faith. She believed in the Creator of all living things. I could accept faith in all living things. I loved animals and the beauty of the flowers. Her faith was simple whereas the religion of going to church, staring at Christ nailed to a cross didn't make sense. According to the Bible Christ had risen from the dead. White man's religion seemed fraught with man's fairytales.

Growing up I studied all kinds of religions and at twenty-one I was baptized in the Baptist Church, this was called a full immersion.
My faith became my way of life. Jesus is the center of my life.
I have been in some dark places and crippled for life in a car accident. It was a pivotal time that showed how a strong faith can pull you through.

Without faith, it is impossible to please God. Faith, hope, and love.




Faith Flash contest entry

Recognized


Faith Contest Entry: Exactly 300 words. Grandma was taken from her tribe to learn white man's ways. God is called Bahaime or Creator of all living things. Our church is about respect, nature, and animals.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Aussie All rights reserved.
Aussie has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.