Commentary and Philosophy Non-Fiction posted July 20, 2023 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
My biggest hope for the future is

A chapter in the book A Paper Time Capsule

Letter 8

by barbara.wilkey




Background
I'm sharing stories with my granddaughters, now ages three and five as keepsake collection when they're older.
Dear Charlotte and Eleanor,

As I pondered this topic, I decided I have so many hopes for the future I couldn't list only one or even prioritize them. After much thought, I decided they would all fit under the hope of LOVE.

The Lord tells us to love Him with all our heart, soul, and mind. The second greatest commandment is to love our neighbors as we love ourselves. (Mark 12:30-31) Love is what I hope for.

The reason I have made this my most important hope for the future is because, world peace, poverty/starvation/no fresh water, disease/sanitation issues, gender inequality, slavery/human trafficking, are just a few that could be solved if we loved one another.

If humans chose to love each other, I think the world problems would solve themselves. Is it possible? Maybe. There is much that needs to be done not only in the U.S. but Globally and with God all things are possible.

Lesson Learned:

* You must first love yourself.

* Love your neighbor as yourself.

* The hardest to love are the ones who need it the most.



Recognized

#12
July
2023


Thank you google an image a Globe.

I'm thinking the girls should receive this post while they're teenagers.

Next week's prompt: What I want you to know about me...

I envision the girls reading them on their own, so I probably will prepare them for each granddaughter, even though here I am posting them for both girls. I think that would be more personal, if I did them individually.

As I edited this post this week, deleted as many words as possible. I am attempting to stick to the suggested writing prompt and number of words. I've decided to add additional letters where I can go into more details. I'll finish the writing prompt first and then go into more depth and post those letters too.

Thank you for your support and suggestions.

Next week's prompt: What I want you to know about me ...

Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. barbara.wilkey All rights reserved.
barbara.wilkey has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.