Spiritual Non-Fiction posted July 16, 2023 Chapters:  ...6 7 -8- 9... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
True story

A chapter in the book Short Stories

Letter to the Shepherd

by Michelle D. Carr


Dear God,

Words are unnecessary between us and I love that I can write letters out of silence and stillness which you receive before they are even thought and written.  You are my constant companion, closer than my breath and never urgent or startling. I thank you for Your gentle anointing felt as a reminder to me, “you can do this, my little sheepdog.”

I remember when you gave me that title, along with the assignment to hear, obey and bring a steady flame to your sheep. I thought it must be someone else You were addressing as I could not believe that this was a possible task for me.  But then You showed me, over the years, that You work this in me. It does not come from my strength but from Yours.  Forgive me for those times when I try to do the work without You.  My human drive sometimes gets in the way.  

Now I face a greater trial as a sheepdog.  I ask for strength, not because I have to remind You of my need, but to remind myself. Your love is overwhelming in its perfection and there is no life possible without You, Who are love.

I am now crying as I write this. I am not sad. I am in awe.

Do I sign this, “all my love”?  It is not enough.

Your Sheepdog.




 



Dear God, writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a letter to God expressing your most pressing concerns and/or questions believing with all your heart and soul, that He will receive, read and answer you. Your letter does not necessarily have to be be a request. Just a sincere heart to heart will do. No poetry.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Michelle D. Carr All rights reserved.
Michelle D. Carr has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.