General Fiction posted July 11, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A short challenge to healthy people.

Hope for all.

by Yardier


“Let me get this straight. You say I’m going to die, right? What kind of doctor are you?”

“You interrupted me, Yolonda. I said, ‘You are healthy enough to live a full life before you die.’"

“That’s pretty blunt, doc.”

“The truth usually is.”

“That’s just rude.”

“Would you feel better if I told you, you have stage four breast cancer?”

“Are you serious?”

“Yes, I’m serious regarding a person’s health. If you realized you were terminal, which many of my patients have, would you hope for hope? Hope for one more day? You have many days before you.”




Flash 100 writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Write a flash fiction story. But you can only use 100 words. Exactly. Title does not count in the word count.

Recognized


It is a terrible pronouncement to discover one has stage four cancer. One must consider their last days. Last days with chemo, last days with hospice and last days with tube feeding and personal hygiene conducted by another.
Be grateful of your health, be grateful for the next days sun, and be grateful for family and friends who love you.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Yardier All rights reserved.
Yardier has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.