General Fiction posted June 21, 2023 Chapters:  ...21 22 -23- 24... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Many moms have gotten hurt breaking up fights

A chapter in the book Be Wee With Bea Part 3

Wounded Moms

by Liz O'Neill



Background
Bea is about to meet the one she has been seeking for a longtime, another heartbeat.

Previously:
The oppressive presence of the cat was soon made known to a jumbled Jazzy who was sure the intimidator would attack. 

*******
Before the aggressor had time, to rear up, Jazzy, was ready. A violent, raucous cat and dog fight ensued. The mom of her favorite dear Jazzy, and the newly abandoned one, was torn.

Our list of wounded moms also grows longer. Buddy bear and Stormy must have done all of the right things. Buddy bear is not on our list. However, Billie bear joins the group at the top.

Bea had noted a slight limp as Billie Bear gave her the tour. She soon found out its source was none other than the same ordeal taking  Doolie and her down. Attempting to break up a fight. Are we seeing a pattern here?

Billie Bear made the same mistakes as Bea and Doolie had.  You may remember Bea’s tales of being scratched, bitten, and almost drown when her two, Scruffles and Sweet Puppy fought. Doolie got bitten by Sweet Puppy by accident, when she, Annie and Zoe were fighting. 

As the ungrateful, invited guest began to scratch and bite Jazzy, Billie Bear wanted to rescue her puppy and to put a stop to all of the fighting. She seriously wondered how this was all going to work out when she got severely wounded on her foot while attempting to yank the raucous raccoon cat off her puppy, Jazzy. 

Rather than an attempted slash toward, Jazzy, the paws with seriously lethal cat claws missed their mark.  Instead, at least three dangerous claws seemed to eject at lightning speed, making contact with Billie Bear’s left foot. 

Billie bear informed Bea she had come to her mind, as a solution, but wasn’t sure what cave she was in and with whom she was living. Bea immediately knew this little creature was the maker’s answer to her search for someone to share her cave home. 

Billie Bear cautioned her it would not be easy. Another problem was that he basically refused to chew anything. He claimed he did not have dog teeth. Hearing this curt report alerted Bea she was going to have to do some serious searching around or in, the dumpsters.  

The one positive aspect for him living with Bea, was there would be no one for this rowdy raccoon cat to fight with. He would be able to have his own spot, and would not have to share it or a mom. He would no longer require enclosure behind any barriers. 

This thought comforted Billie bear and gave her enough courage to inquire if her friend might take such a rebellious cat. Upon further inquiry, Bea discovered this poor fellow had not been given a permanent name yet. 

You may remember, Bea wants everyone to have a name so if they ever needed help, the maker could find them immediately. She decided she’d name him Sammy. The name seemed to fit him. His approval was obvious. 

Called by that name, he came leaping, being rewarded with a ‘be good to himself’ treat Billie Bear had for him. He reminded Bea of Zoe, one of the puppies who had lived with Doolie, Bea’s best friend, before one horrible event after another revealed itself. 

The reflective bear, took time to do her brain exercise. Having lived with Zoe gave her an idea of the complications she might face with Sammy. Zoe was particular about what she ate. 

Doolie found hotdogs for her in the dumpsters we’ve heard about. It didn’t sound like Sammy was going to be chewing on any hotdogs, or chicken as found by Sweet Puppy back then. 

She wondered if he’d like the tuna Scruffles always joyfully found for himself. That made her think she needed to clue mom Osala in to finding tuna for little Osala at the dumpsters. That would be a courtesy her mom had continuously reminder her of as she found ways to thank neighbors for their kindnesses.

Bea could hear Willow’s words encouraging her to take a risk, something difficult for her. It dawned on her, she could build a friendship with him, little by little. It all flashed back, the terrible mistake she’d made with Scruffles and what she learned as they had to begin again to form a bond. 

She was already planning an outing where Sammy could seek the food he favored. She’d frequently noticed torn bags with a cat on it, seeming to enjoy the food. Hopefully, Sammy could find the same bag.

She was doing her pretend exercise and picturing him with a similar satisfied smile as the cats on the bag. She wasn’t even certain he’d follow. The fact she would promise there was something special for him at the end of their trek might be a plan. 





This is about me finally being introduced to my cat Sammy by my nun mate, shortly after my dog Sweet Puppy went to the Rainbow Bridge. My adventures are aimed at anyone older than 9 years old for independent reading.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Liz O'Neill All rights reserved.
Liz O'Neill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.