General Fiction posted May 21, 2023 Chapters:  ...17 18 -19- 20... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Willow said there's be choices

A chapter in the book Be Wee With Bea Part 3

What Was vs What Can Be

by Liz O'Neill



Background
Snakely and Spidie have been hitching a ride with Bea.  Snakely on her arm and Spidie between Beaâ??s ears. She is amused to discover theyâ??ve been feasting on bugs caught by Spidie in the web betwe

Previously:
Snakely and Spidie have been hitching a ride with Bea.  Snakely on her arm and Spidie between Bea’s ears. She is amused to discover they’ve been feasting on bugs caught by Spidie in the web between Bea’s ears.

*****

Bea laughed to herself at the thought her head should have felt light when Spidie had only begun building a web with a connection between her right and left ear. She hadn’t noticed the increase in weight as Spidie added to the catch.

A sense of weightlessness would eventually result as they delighted in their ‘be good to themselves’ treat.
Leaving her flights of fancy of thought, she turned her attention toward more serious matters.  She wondered how many would follow her on her next stroll of discovery. 

Would they choose to begin again using her new technique of little by little? Or would they prefer to remain in the concealed, secure dwelling the magnificent bird led them to. 

Bea was not surprised, nevertheless, saddened when everyone, including Snakely and Spidie chose to remain with the puppies. There was plenty of food for everyone. 

This would be a good spot for them to stay until, like tree limbs, they would slowly branch out in the different directions they felt called toward. Once again, sadly, she surrendered her responsibility as a mom.

With a good rest, sure the maker had more in store for her, Bea knew it was necessary to continue on her journey. An opportunity was presenting itself, to choose between what was or what can be. At an earlier time, Willow had suggested the searching wee bear focus on beginning again. 

In preparation for her launch out onto the next leg of her itinerary, the hungry bear needed the sustenance of the fish the others had dined upon. She backtracked to the fishing river. As Bea stepped into the rippling waters, she became aware of a stream of tears cascading off her nose. 

It was a healing of letting go of her losses, confusion and self-doubt. The dear wee bear stood there sobbing until she felt finished. Relieved, her emotions had been freed by the comforting embrace of the swirls of the current, she was readying to take the next step. 

Just as the rivulets of sparkling spring waters began somewhere up higher, she knew the maker was guiding her to the action of beginning again. She had learned much and had helped many to begin again, but this was not yet, her time. 

Bea would ordinarily be in her cave home doing her stepstooling exercise to enjoy her “be good to myself” treat. Surely, it was time for some golden goodness to appear. She would love such a sticky surprise. She wished she could be going up and down the stepstool carved by her dear friend Timothy the beaver.  

Recognizing, that as an unreachable goal, she settled for the food of her baby kitty, Scruffles and Sweet Puppy. She smiled as she remembered how her two little ones had believed they were doomed to a life of catching and eating the same boring fish. 

As we know, their menu changed radically, after hunting down and meeting Doolie, another wise bear, and her crew.You may remember or are being told the story for the first time.  Doolie, a dear friend, tipped Bea off to a secret place to collect exquisite foods for Scruffles and Sweet Puppy.

She told Bea it was called a dumpster and was located at the rear of some stores. Bea sadly smiled as she remembered the dumpster diving disaster. Back then, if her two buddies, Scruffles and Sweet Puppy had not rescued her, she would still be trapped in one of those dumpsters. 

From harsh experiences, that bear who had been fooled too many times, had become a dumpster connoisseur. However, for now, she’d have to catch some fresh river fish. To distract her tastebuds from the fishiness, she focused on the wise tree, Willow and her favorite phrase, ‘little by little.’ That was how Bea was to stroll to find her next important discovery, to begin again. 

********

After leaving the wooded section of the puppy cave home, Bea strolled in an area she'd never been. She was aware of being alone once again, except for her dark-colored dancing friend, we would call a shadow.  The anticipating bear looked forward to seeing her when she showed herself in the bright times.

Bea was unable to estimate how far she’d strolled. But her feet, claws and paws knew. She had no idea where she was going, but was certain where she’d been.  The time had come to adjust her mood and outlook, to begin again. 

Skidding to a stop to rest the pads of her feet, she began looking around to do her notice exercise. As she did her talk to the maker of tired wee bears who walked too long a distance, she felt strange, yet wonderful. 

A breeze stirred. Something had changed within her, causing her to perceive her surroundings differently. Searching the region, Bea found no mountains nearby, yet the echoes of the birds’ chattering fascinated her.

Brighter colors could be seen in the broad sky with designs of purples, blues, and pinks, no human being could ever create. The singing leaves were in tune with various birds. Bea felt in tune with what could be.




This autobiographical allegory deviates from my actual experiences, however it reflects my appreciation and spirituality in nature. As previously stated, this has an independent reading level of gr. 4+, age 9+. Your inner child can enjoy it.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Liz O'Neill All rights reserved.
Liz O'Neill has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.