Supernatural Flash Fiction posted May 1, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
Contest entry

Ray's Dad

by Raul1


It's been a long time since Ray's father had passed away. While Ray is reading the paper, he feels the presence of a spirit. He feels him inside his heart. Ray sees a transparent ghost father familiar to his dad. He comes to talk to him without any fear. 
 
Tears were in his dad's eyes of cheer to see his son Ray again. Ray is happy but is wondering what his dad wants and why didn't he crossover the light this time. I guess he wanted to say goodbye to me for the last time.
 
"Hi, is that you, Dad?" Ray asked. He was scared and surprised by his dad's appearance.
 
"Yes, it is. I just came to greet you," Dad said.
 
"Will you crossover the light, Dad?" Ray asked.
 
"Yes, I'm planning to," Dad replied.
 
"I love you. I know you had a heart attack long ago. I won't ever forget you," Ray said.
 
"Yes, it's true. It is nice talking to you. You will be fine on your own. Don't worry about life, son. You will figure it out. I will be waiting for you in Heaven," Dad said.
 
"Okay, Dad. I trust you," Ray replied. 
 
"I know, but I wanted you to know I am okay and am going to a better place," Dad said.
 
"Dad, you will always be in my heart." Ray said.
 
"I know this seems strange to appear like this, but I just wanted to see you and how you are doing," Dad replied.
 
"I am fine. I have already grieved and mourned you. I am moving on with my life." Ray said. 
 
"I am happy for you because it's happiness I wanted for you. Goodbye my son," Dad said.
 
They both hugged each other, and his dad crossed over the light.



Supernatural Flash Fiction writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
The character in your story is involved in some way with the supernatural.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Raul1 All rights reserved.
Raul1 has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.