Spiritual Non-Fiction posted March 30, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
My old friend

Pete

by John Cranford


During my daily walk in the park today, I got a call from my old friend Pete. Years ago, Pete moved to Minnesota because of a genetic heart condition, which has required extensive medical treatment most of his life.

He said, "The Mayo Clinic has done all it can do. I'm going home." What could I say? I just listened. I heard words of true faith, strong conviction and inner peace. We prayed.

Afterwards, I finished my walk. I noticed the sky was bluer and the birds seemed to be singing a sweeter song. I learned much from Pete today.



100 Word Dash writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Take flash fiction to the extreme. Can you tell a complete story in just 100 words. If so, this is your opportunity to shine. The story can be about any subject you wish, creative approaches are of course encouraged. All stories must have the following: Main Character, Setting, Conflict, Resolution.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. John Cranford All rights reserved.
John Cranford has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.