General Poetry posted March 30, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
See notes below.

Blood-Drenched Easter

by tempeste

 
there's
nothing
humane in
their unjust death.
Torn from moms fearful up to their last breath.



Tetractys Contest writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
Tetractys is a simple and interesting form of poetry. Write a poem, with only five lines. Each line adds one syllable until the last stanza which has ten syllables. The structure is: line 1 - 1 syllable,
line 2 - 2 syllables, line 3 - 3 syllables,
line 4 - 4 syllables,
line 5 - 10 syllables


Pic above..lambs have been separated and seek to return to their mothers.

Easter, by definition, is a celebration of life, so it's ironic that so much cruelty, death and evil happens as part of the Easter tradition.

The most profitable part of any female sheep for a farmer is not her wool or meat but the lambs she gives birth to.

Your Easter lamb most likely never felt the grass beneath its feet or saw the sunshine.

Pulled in by profits, farmers breeding Easter lambs manage to impregnate their sheep early by giving them hormones or manipulating indoor light and temperatures.

The lambs at 12 weeks are taken from their moms to be kill for Easter.

Lost and calling their mothers, lambs are tied and hung upside down to be weighed and tagged before being crammed onto trucks and transported to the abattoir.

Their final moments are spent surrounded by the stench of blood and faeces and the screams of their rothers and sisters.

Many are not properly stunned and must be stunned a second time , others regain consciousness and have their throats slit while they are still alive.

In Italy 4 million lambs, sheep and goats alone are killed during Easter.

Lambs are gentle creatures and they are shown no compassion or mercy as they enter the abattoir.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. tempeste All rights reserved.
tempeste has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.