Writing Non-Fiction posted March 23, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
A real pleasure after supper and a busy day.

It's Hard to Say No

by HarryT


After dinner, I hear the battle of my yang and yin going on in the canyon of my mind. Yin says, "Yes, enjoy yourself. You deserve it." Yang counters with, "You're getting a little chubby around the middle. Do you really think you should indulge in those fattening things?"

I wash the dishes and then sit down to relax and watch television. But the battle rages on. Yin and Yang clashing back and forth causing fever to engulf my brain. I grab the remote and change the channels, hoping to quell the battle instead I hear small voices calling from the refrigerator. "We are here. We are waiting to provide your well-deserved pleasure."

You see, I like to keep my chocolate cookies and ice cream in the freezer. When I want to enjoy my guilty pleasure, I crush a chocolate chipper into a bowl and mix it into vanilla ice cream. My favorite treat of all. Somehow, the voices and my Yin wins out and inevitably, I enjoy my guilty pleasure, of course, with the mental proviso to my Yang that I will do twenty sit-ups in the morning.



My Guilty Pleasure contest entry
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. HarryT All rights reserved.
HarryT has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.