General Fiction posted March 18, 2023 Chapters:  ...59 60 -61- 62... 


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
an essay

A chapter in the book Random Rhyme and Petty Prose

Bearing JJ DID TIE BUCKLE

by Bill Schott

Leadership Traits:
Justice, Judgement, Dependability, Initiative, Decisiveness, Tact, Integrity Endurance (previously addressed), Bearing, Unselfishness, Courage, Knowledge, Loyalty, and Enthusiasm.

Bearing is basically the impression we may give with our appearance and conduct of control.  We can send that demeanor and attitude to others with our attitude and behavior.  The projection of confidence in the midst of frustration, fatigue, and even pain will invigorate those who look to you for power. 

When under extreme stress and your bearing weakens, you might present as cranky.  Good leaders 
need to be mindful of how they engage with others and always present the appropriate demeanor that continues to motivate and inspire them.
 
Watching a baseball manager rant and scream in the face of an umpire, who maintains his cool, is an example of both success and failure with this trait of leadership. 
 
Bearing can be achieved through appearance, wearing clean and pressed clothing, avoiding profanity, staying fit, keeping your head, your word, and your temper.
 
One can imagine James Bond casually winning a battle with an evil genius out to destroy the world, while maintaining his perfect hair and uttering punny quips.  William Wallace remaining emotionless as he is vivisected alive. Mr. Spock calmly defeating enemies of the Federation with logic and superior intellect, while never breaking a sweat.
 
 


Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.