General Poetry posted March 11, 2023 Chapters:  ...53 54 -55- 56... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
an essay

A chapter in the book Random Rhyme and Petty Prose

Dependability JJ DID TIE BUCKLE

by Bill Schott

I know of fourteen traits of leadership. They are Justice, Judgement (previously addressed), Dependability, Initiative, Decisiveness, Tact, Integrity, Endurance, Bearing, Unselfishness, Courage, Knowledge, Loyalty, and Enthusiasm.

Unpacking dependability, referring to a leader, we can see a huge part of our personal value to others lies here.  Knowing one can be relied upon to perform positively, evokes trust.  It means that you can complete a job. It is the willing and voluntary support of the policies which maintains order.
 
Dependability also means we can be expected to perform at our highest level.  Consistency helps those who evaluate our value to see us as a reliable asset.  We look for the same in others. When a person is a known quantity, much can be expected, and confidence of success is always high.

We can increase our dependability by forming the habit of being on time, by not making excuses, and by carrying out a job to our best ability -- and expecting that from others.
 
I have found personally that whether a leader is stern and grumpy, or relaxed and pleasant, his or her consistency and expectations of me, allow me to know and attempt to meet or exceed them.
 

"Reliability creates credibility, and is the precondition for trust.”  Anonymous

 
 




Quote from Google
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.