General Non-Fiction posted March 9, 2023 Chapters:  ...50 51 -52- 53... 


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
an essay

A chapter in the book Random Rhyme and Petty Prose

JJ DiD TiE BUCKLE

by Bill Schott


 
There are many tests of leadership; however, most already know that it isn't talking the talk, but walking the walk that determines a leader.

Leadership traits can be observed and evaluated as we go about our normal lives. We each can display one or all of these traits as we interact with both our peers and subordinates.

To recall fourteen distinct leadership traits, this pneumonic device can be used as a tool. JJ DID TIE BUCKLE. Developing these traits is an essential part of organized leadership training in the armed forces, where good leaders establish order, maintain discipline, and positively influence others.
 
In the postings that follow, I will expand on the concepts of Justice, Judgement, Decisiveness, Initiative, Decisiveness, Tact, Integrity, Endurance, Bearing, Unselfishness, Courage, Knowledge, Loyalty, and Enthusiasm.
 
Let me leave you with this leadership-related quote:
 

“Leadership is the art of getting others to do something you want done because they want to do it.”

            -- Dwight Eisenhower

 
 



Recognized


The pneumonic device, JJDIDTIEBUCKLE, is used by the USMC for all leadership training.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Bill Schott All rights reserved.
Bill Schott has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.