Biographical Non-Fiction posted March 3, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Letter to God

Fatherly Stroll

by PoemsOfDD


Dear God,
 
It’s me again. Sorry to bother you. I guess you’ve been listening to my confused confessions of overwhelming defeat in repairing my dad. I failed. Too many issues to fix. But you already knew this before me. Of course you did. I was oblivious and in denial. And then the day finally came. It was time for my dad to never again walk with me on this earth. I miss him daily. He’s with you now. I know it’s too late to question, but was I right in trying to fix him with all the doctor's appointments? Did I make things worse for his body? No one saw the stroke coming.

It seems everything has fallen apart since he left. The family shrunk to an odd number, with a spare seat at the dinner table. My lingerings with you is all I can muster to share myself, my thoughts, my tears.

Everything is too much. The housework, cooking and such. My comfy shoes - they too were beat. From sitting on a shelf - exposed to dust and heat. When I finally wore them out, they soon fell off my feet. Literally. In grief, no doubt.

God, I’ve lost my father, my shoes and now myself. Please help me learn to accept change when it comes. Nothing held dear can last forever. I’m quietly shouldering this. And through it all, time has held my hand.

I just wanted to say thank you, God, for your unseeable comfort, compassion and for listening to my many mournful mumblings.  
With love and prayers, Diana     Amen.
P.S. - Please look after my dad. He likes to go for walks, so maybe, if it’s not too much to ask, could you please take a stroll with him sometime?



Dear God contest entry

Recognized


Photo of my dad and his biggest fan watching on. That's me by the way.

Thank you for reading.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. PoemsOfDD All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
PoemsOfDD has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.