General Non-Fiction posted February 9, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Music can capture a mood or set the tone for one

Just When I needed You Most

by T B Botts


I've listened to the song a hundred times, maybe more. When I drove a friend to the airport, believing that I'd never see her again, it entered my mind and overwhelmed my emotions. I sat in my truck, tears streaming down my face, though we were not lovers, just good friends. Whenever I hear it, I think of her again.

What is the power that music has over us? It can transport us back in time to an event or a special person. It can thrill or sadden. When I'm in the car with the radio on, there is an invisible cable that runs from my ear to my foot. When certain songs play,  the gas pedal depresses as I am engulfed in the tune. I wonder how often a person has been pulled over for speeding because a favorite song came on the radio.

When I was in the military, one of the men in my division used to say "favorite song time" whenever a particular song came on that he liked. I don't know how it's possible, but I have more than a few favorite songs. Whatever happens to be playing at the time seems to become my favorite.

One of my favorite songs of all time is- Just When I Needed You Most - by Randy Van Warmer. No doubt most of you have heard it before. It rose to number four in the pop charts in America and I think it was number 8 in England. It's the kind of song that anyone who has had a love that is gone can relate to.

I looked up Randy a few minutes ago, and was surprised to see that he's not with us anymore. He had Lukemia and died at the age of 48 back in 2004.

I'm enclosing the lyrics to this song and would encourage you to look it up on Google or Apple or one of the search engines. It's a classic.

Just When I Needed You Most

You packed in the morning I
Stared out the window and I
Struggled for something to say
You left in the rain without closing the door
I didn't stand in your way

Now, I miss you more than I
Missed you before and now
Where I'll find comfort, God knows
'Cause you left me, just when I needed you most

Now, most every morning I
I stare out the window and I
Think about where you might be
I've written you letters that I'd like to send
If you would just send one to me

'Cause I need you more than I
Needed before and now
Where I'll find comfort God knows
'Cause you left me just when I needed you most


Thanks for the song Randy. We could sure use your talent still. I wish you hadn't left so soon. Rest in peace.


 



The Soundtrack of Your Life contest entry

Recognized


It was a shock to see that Randy Van Wormer wasn't with us anymore. Like so many artists, who seem to disappear from the music scene, I didn't really think about why he wasn't performing anymore. Such a shame to lose such a talented young man.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by cleo85 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. T B Botts All rights reserved.
T B Botts has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.