Romance Poetry posted February 4, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
zen of love

zen love poem

by jake cosmos aller

In the calm morning
Watching the world unfold-
Love comes to my life





ZEN HAIKU
Created by: Gypsy Blue Rose

This weeks event is to write a ZEN HAIKU You may use the event picture or your own. ============================================================================== Zen is a Japanese Buddhist movement that originated in the 12th century. The zen teaching is based on contemplation of one's nature excluding everything else to achieve enlightenment. All haiku rules apply. ============================================================================== EXAMPLE: ============================================================================== -- the long night ============================================================================== -- made longer ============================================================================== -- by a barking dog ============================================================================== â??- By Matsuo Basho ============================================================================== -- ( This haiku is about nature [dog and night] and the human nature connection [the dog keeps a man awake by all the barking] ) ============================================================================== -- EXAMPLE ============================================================================== -- cold winter night - ============================================================================== -- a starry sky ============================================================================== -- in the well bucket ============================================================================== by Gypsy Blue Rose ============================================================================== -- ( this haiku is about nature [the winter night] and human nature [ a man or woman looking into the bucket sees the stars reflected in the water] ) ============================================================================== for more zen haiku information and examples click here ============================================================================== HAIKU is an unrhymed Japanese poem. It juxtaposes two images in a way that prompts the reader to make an insightful connection between them. It alludes to a season of the year. The haiku is written from an observer's point of view. In Japan, haiku is written in 17 syllables and three lines ( 5/7/5) but in English is 17 syllables OR LESS. Capitalization and punctuation should only be used when necessary. No end rhymes. use a dash before the satori (usually the last line). Avoid alliteration, metaphor, personification, and capital letters (proper names are okay).


Club entry for the "ZEN HAIKU" event in "HAIKU CLUB".  Locate a writing club.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jake cosmos aller All rights reserved.
jake cosmos aller has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.