General Non-Fiction posted February 4, 2023


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
In the end ...

Please, Let Me Be Surprised

by Tom Horonzy


 
 
 
Being born in another era, way before slitted skirts and zippered blouses, I first discovered the appeal of women when I spied a naked ankle.
 
But, of course, that is all the skin we boys could see as the hems of dresses were draped well below the knee to approximately an inch or two above a pair of tarsi.

Still, as a young teen developing into adolescenthood, I subconsciously whistled and howled like the scoundrel wolf seen in olden cartoons.

The mystery of womanhood was magnetic back then, having me tweet like a killdeer feeling uncomfortable. "Tweet, tweeting," before skittering away.

Today, I gape at what goes on display, innocently or not, for it sends a conflicting message. Why buy a cow when you can get the milk free? That idiom refers to men who would gladly accept spousal benefits without being handcuffed to responsibilities.

Exciting as that may be, any woman who blatantly exposes herself diminishes her dignity while inflaming a guy's masculinity to promote immoral behavior.

Call me old fashioned, but in my younger days, knowing what I was getting for Christmas before unwrapping the package spoiled the intended surprise. And that is all I have to say on the matter.


 




Photo donated through Pexels.com snapped by Liza Summer.

Killdeer, a squeaky little field bird in North Carolina
Tarsi - plural anklebones.

Robert Burns wrote "spied an ankle" even well before my becoming of age.

Things have changed since back when, and though any candy may be appealing, bars too sweet will encourage decay. th
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Tom Horonzy All rights reserved.
Tom Horonzy has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.