General Poetry posted February 1, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
This is about having dimentia and how it changes a person.

Dementia

by jacquelyn popp

Dementia...robbed my sweet 
Mother from me.
 



Seven Words or Less Poem writing prompt entry
Writing Prompt
This contest requires entrants to write a poem using seven words or less. It is designed to be concise and have impact. Can you do it?

Recognized


My mom passed away a couple years ago from lewey body dimentia. I watched her go from the focused, alert, and physically active person she used to be to someone who could only sit on the couch with a blank stare most of the time. I was her care taker, and when I first had her home with me, she knew who I was, and was still active around the house. She was able to do some things for her self, and ride with me when I went places. As the disease became worse, she changed into someone who didn't know who I was. She was verbally abusive with swearing at me, stubborn, and obstinate, like a child. I didn't hold any of it against her, because I loved her, she was still mom, and I realized it was the dimentia doing this to her.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by supergold at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jacquelyn popp All rights reserved. Registered copyright with FanStory.
jacquelyn popp has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.