General Fiction posted January 15, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Shall I go or should I stay

The lecture

by jenintorre


While on the way to the college she couldn't help but wonder if she was doing the right thing.
She really didn't feel in the mood for giving the lecture this evening.
Perhaps she should have called it off.
She could have telephoned or even sent a text message explaining that Michael had left her after twenty one years.
However when she arrived and entered the lecture hall, seeing all the expectant faces of the students in front of her that had gathered and paid to hear her speak, many of them having travelled quite a long distance to be there she realized that she'd done the right thing by coming.
She just couldn't have let them down.

She would give the impression that she felt no different tonight than she had any other night and act totally normal.
After all there would be plenty of time tomorrow to celebrate.



Flash Fiction contest entry

Recognized
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by Raoul D'Harmental at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. jenintorre All rights reserved.
jenintorre has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.