Biographical Non-Fiction posted January 11, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
Not about David Bowie

Ch-ch-changes

by GWHARGIS

Every morning, I get up around 6:45.  I wash my face, brush my hair, and get dressed.  I mosey upstairs to where the coffee maker sits on the counter.  
 
I love this part of the day.  It's mine.  I don't have to share it with anyone.  After I brew my cup of joe, I take it to the living room, light a candle on the table, and just sit in the quiet ambiance.
 
This is my thinking time.  I have trained myself, over the past few years, not to go over negative things.  I don't relive yesterday's problems.  I don't rehash arguments or hurtful things.  Instead, I think about the possibilities or opportunities of this new day.  I pray for friends and family.  I breathe deep and listen to the delicious quiet of the house.
 
For far too many years, I would waste time with the thoughts of why and it's not fair,tossing around in my head.  I replaced those thoughts by saying to myself, it is what it is.
 
Those words need no further discussion.  Some things you can change and some you can't.   These days I focus on acceptance and appreciation.  Both of situations and people.  
 
I feel like every situation I go through has a purpose.  The recognition of the reason may be almost immediate, or it may take years to understand.
 
It takes a while to be comfortable with quiet.  If you're unsure of yourself, insecure, or don't want to face some thoughts in your head, quiet will seem like a punishment.  But to me, it has opened me up to viewing my life differently.  
 
Age changes a person.  Some of those changes are tough to accept. But this is one change, I'm okay with.
 
Now, turn off the background noise, pour yourself a steaming cup of coffee, and just breathe.



Recognized


Food for thought.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. GWHARGIS All rights reserved.
GWHARGIS has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.