Humor Fiction posted January 11, 2023


Exceptional
This work has reached the exceptional level
My side of the story

Why?

by prettybluebirds

Look Who's Talking Now! Contest Winner 

Why does everybody portray me as the villain? Underneath this rough exterior of mine lives a heart of gold. I have feelings just like anyone else, and it hurts knowing few or none love me. 
 
For instance, you humans make me the evil one in The Three Little Pigs. Is that fair? I know for a fact humans love their ham and bacon as well as barbecued pork ribs and pork chops. Pork, by the way, is another word for pigs, hogs, swine, or whatever you choose to call them. So, why is it okay for you to eat pigs but not me? Doesn't that ring of discrimination?
 
So, okay, I admit that eating Red Riding Hood's grandmother was a bad idea for two reasons. One, she was as tough as old leather, and two, she gave me indigestion. Now, Red, she tasted much better, young and tender.
 
Now, I suppose you are back to hating me again. In defense of myself, I want you to know that I asked the old woman for something to eat, and she beat me with her broom. I kind of lost it for a few minutes, and when I recovered my senses, it was too late, so I ate the evidence. The old bat could have saved herself and Red a lot of grief by showing a bit of kindness to a starving animal.
 
Then there is Wile E. Coyote And The Roadrunner. Oops! Wile is a coyote. Well, close enough; he's a cousin of mine. Look how my poor cousin is beaten up and accused in that stupid cartoon. Wile is only doing what comes naturally to us predators; trying to catch some lunch. I know you humans eat chicken, turkey, and quail; need I go on?
 
Anyhow, to sum it up. I feel that you humans have given me a bad image for no reason. Sure, I'm a carnivore and love my meat, but aren't you the same? Look at all those poor beef cows you care for who complacently think they are living in the lap of luxury only to wind up as hamburgers. If I want hamburger, I have to kill a deer or something of that nature. If I so much as look at one of your precious cows, you will shoot me in the ass. 
 
But I'm getting sidetracked here. I only wanted to point out the unfairness of always making me the bad guy. Sure, maybe I get carried away sometimes, like the grandmother business, but basically, I'm not a bad fellow. I'm only a wolf doing what wolves do to survive. 
 
 


Writing Prompt
Write a story from the perspective of an unnoticed or underrated object or character. Let's us know how they feel and what they think, be it positive or negative. Do this in 500 words or less.

Be unique, but pick something or someone that we will all know. The goal is to make the reader say, "Wow, I never thought about that, but it makes sense!"

When the voting starts, pick the most creative idea!

Look Who's Talking Now!
Contest Winner

Recognized

#40
January
2023
Pays one point and 2 member cents.

Artwork by suzannethompson2 at FanArtReview.com

Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. prettybluebirds All rights reserved.
prettybluebirds has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.