Spiritual Fiction posted December 25, 2022


Excellent
Not yet exceptional. When the exceptional rating is reached this is highlighted
For decades I have wanted to write about faith vs religion

Faith or Religion

by Richard Frohm


I wanted to write about something that I have felt for decades. I will admit I have not attended church for several years. I had become disillusioned.

I do not need church to be a better person or to have more faith in God. Whether I went to church or did not, I was the same person.

Church may have played a role in my early life. But I learned more about faith, love and caring for others from my parents. They instilled in my brothers and me that faith was most important in making you the person you would grow up and become.

Because of them, I have tried to live every day of my life with faith in God, love for others and giving of myself to help others in any way I could do.

I believe that faith in God or a higher being over rules any church. Does it really matter if you belong to the Catholic church or any other church?

It really comes down to faith and believing in a God.

Religions over the centuries have come to divide people by what religious group they belonged to.

They have fought wars over religion.


Our world is headed in a dire direction. I believe our only hope as people of this earth is our faith in a God.

We are ALL held to His commands and there are penalties for disobeying those commands, along with rewards for those that live their lives to the best of their abilities. It is not ours to judge someone because of their religion.

We of faith in a God must unite to make this a better world. If we do not, then the world we share will ultimately destroy itself.




I wrote this more about challenging people to think about religion and faith.
Pays one point and 2 member cents.


Save to Bookcase Promote This Share or Bookmark
Print It View Reviews

You need to login or register to write reviews. It's quick! We only ask four questions to new members.


© Copyright 2024. Richard Frohm All rights reserved.
Richard Frohm has granted FanStory.com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.